Coronavirus Update: UAGM will provide updates and information here
03/23/20 | 7:31 pm | Important Update:
Following recommendations of governmental agencies, our campuses will continue essential operations and support services remotely. As new information becomes available about the COVID-19, we will update this site
Masters in Business Administration
Specialization in Management
The Graduate Program in Business Administration of the School of Business Administration at Universidad Metropolitana offers a Master of Business Administration Degree with majors in Human Resources and Management, Accounting and Marketing. The program offers an outstanding curriculum which prepares students to effectively and efficiently assume management responsibilities required by today’s organizations.
The academic experience in the program allows students to develop the necessary competencies in the area of Business Administration which will enable them to assume managerial and leadership positions in the public and private sectors. The program also contributes to the student’s formation as persons who are educated and skilled, capable of meeting personal and professional goals, and able and willing to assume social responsibility.
Program Objectives/ Outcomes:
Upon completion of this program students will have:
- Advanced concepts in the different management areas, such as: accounting, marketing, production, statistics, finance, organizational behavior, management information systems, and others which will help him/her in the performance of administrative positions.
- Skills in decision-making, planning, organization, supervision and managerial controls.
- Conceptual, psychomotor and affective skills, related with the new managerial technology.
- Written and verbal skills.
- Attitudes, work habits and skills for interpersonal relations which guarantee personal and professional success.
- Ethic and social conscience, such as to be a competent professional and exemplary citizen.
- Skills in the research process and in the solution of administrative problems.
- Communicate adequately in English and Spanish both orally and in writing.
ACCO 500-O Accounting Survey (This course is recommended for those students who do not possess a background in business administration although this course is worth 3 credit hours, they are not counted towards the total amount of credits for the degree)
HURE 501-O Human Capital Management
MANA 505-O Management Information Systems
MANA 600-O Business Policy and Ethics
MANA 720-O Operations and Production Management
ACCO 503-O Managerial and Financial Accounting
ECON 519-O Managerial Economics
MARK 511-O Marketing Management
STAT 556-O Applied Managerial Statistics
INBU 600-O International Business
MANA 605-O Business at the Private- Public Intersection
MANA 700-O Entrepreneurship
MANA 709-O Managing Organizational Diversity
MANA 755-O Global Management Practicum