When financial aid is granted to a student but is not sufficient to cover the costs of education or is ineligible to receive financial aid for various situations there is the option of applying for a private loan. This loan is granted by private banks as an alternative payment. The same is applied directly to the Bank by completing an application online or by phone. Below you will find the general information regarding a private loan:
Usually you need the following to apply
For additional information, questions or start the application process should contact the bank online or by phone. Sallie Mae at 1-888-472-5543, www.salliemae.com , Discover at 1-800-788-3368, www.discoverstudentsloans.com or Wells Fargo at 1-888-511-8098, www.wellsfargo.com/student/.
- The student will be fully responsible for the application process, loan processing and monitoring. University certify only the information that is requested by the Bank and reimburse the excess applicable.
- Your loan will only be processed by the amount owed to the institution. You require a larger amount will be subject to assessment officer.
- Any questions concerning the type of loan, benefits, status of your application, reason for denial, how to exercise payments among others should communicate directly with the Bank.
- It is important that the Bank report their status as a student (enrollment, academic progress, others) in the process of applying for status based on their study loan.
- If approved your loan must notify the Financial Aid Office on the way to proceed with the evaluation and certification of the application.